Jun 10, 2010

Car Theft

We received this email from a neighbor and wanted to pass it on to remind everyone to be safe!

Hi Neighborhood Association!

Hopefully this will alert people to be on the watch for suspicious people in our neighborhood.

I wanted to warn the neighborhood to be on the watch for car thieves! My 2008 black 4 door Dodge Avenger was locked in my driveway and was stolen last Friday night or Saturday morning, June 4 or 5, 2010. T


he police found my car yesterday at 5600 E. Admiral and it was stripped. I went to Storey Wrecker last night to see it and was just heartbroken.

I always have my car in the garage, but I just got a new sofa and the old one was in the garage waiting for someone to come pick it up. Needless to say, my alarm is armed at all times now, both storm doors are locked and when I do get another car, it will be in the garage again.

Last summer I had a bicycle stolen out of my backyard. This is my second occurrence, so needless to say this is very sad for me and for my neighbors. I thought I was in a pretty safe neighborhood when I purchased the house in January, 2008, and want to continue living here except without fear.

My house is on 21st Place near Pittsburg.


Please help me get the word out.

Thanks and keep up the good work with the association!

1 comment:

Tex Montana said...

I just hate that! I had my briefcase stolen a couple of months ago. I go to work at 3am, and always look around the 'hood on my way out.